Climate protection in industry while improving global competitiveness is an emerging and challenging topic, which can be one of the main game changers in successful climate action. Innovative product development and climate friendly production processes are key for modernizing the industry sector and make use of future market opportunities. State governments around the world support traditional industry in this transformation, aiming to ensure global competitiveness, long-term economic success and secure jobs.
In this event, three regional governments will present their strategies and means to support industry in this innovation process. Political leaders from Silesia, Hauts-de-France and North Rhine-Westphalia discuss projects like “IN4climate.NRW” and the “rev3, the Third Industrial Revolution in Hauts-de-France".
Moreover, industry representatives will give an insight into climate protection strategies and projects from their business perspective.
Registration kindly requested.
- Minister Prof. Dr. Andreas Pinkwart, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Mrs. Izabela Domogala, member of Board of Silesian Region
- Mr. Frédéric Nihous, member of Hauts-de-France Regional council
- Dr. Jan Bondaruk, Deputy Director, Central Mining Institute, Silesia
- Dr. Hans-Jörn Weddige, Group Coordinator Energy, Climate and Environment Policies at thyssenkrupp AG, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Mr. Anthony Drugeot, Financial Director, Aluminium Dunkerque/Rio tinto Group, Hauts-de-France
Prof. Dr. Stefan Lechtenböhmer
Representatives from industry, politics, administration and scientific research institutions.
UN accreditation is not required for this event.
Column Hall, Silesian Marshal’s Office, Dabrowskiego Street 23, Katowice
Rainer van Loon
Querschnittsthemen Klimaschutz & Energie
You can contact the EnergyAgency.NRW additionally on weekdays between 8am and 6pm by calling our hotline on: +49 211 - 8371930