The event will highlight the development of the liquefied gas (LNG = Liquefied natural gas) as an alternative fuel for inland navigation and for heavy-duty commercial vehicles as well as fuel for industrial applications.
This year the event will experience its fourth performance. The 4th LNG Roadmap is a follow-up event, which gathered in 2014, 2015 and 2016 more than 100 guests each year from Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Norway, Poland, Great Britain, the Netherlands and Switzerland. Also in this year we expect national and international experts of LNG as fuel gas and transportation fuel to exchange the experiences and have an open discussion about technical and regulatory aspects, safety standards, promotion and sponsorship options and the setup of an infrastructure. Besides, practical examples and project progresses will be presented. The workshop will be held in English.
The 4th LNG Roadmap 2017 offers to you:
- A discussion platform with the leading manufacturers and suppliers of the LNG complete solutions,
- Experience exchange with the branch pioneers: LNG applications for mobility and industry,
- Practical examples and reports about the project progresses,
- Discussion about technical and regulatory aspects, safety standards, promotion and subsidy options and the setup of an infrastructure
- Analysis of the LNG potential for climate and environment protection especially LNG generated from renewables/ bio-LNG,
- Practical municipal and industrial solutions for energy supply,
- Answers for the following questions:
- How is LNG to handle?
- What financing options and promoting programs are available for LNG and bio-LNG introduction in the logistic sector and energy branch?
- What does a self-sustaining energy supply mean and how the running costs can be reduced using the LNG?
The moderators Dr. Frank-Michael Baumann, CEO of the EngerieAgentur.NRW and Prof. Dr. Klaus Görner, Scientific Director of the Gas- und Wärme-Institut Essen e.V. –GWI, lead you through the following topics:
- News about LNG from political perspective and the relevant funding programs
- project progresses from the platforms and international projects
- Application of technology and infrastructure
- Application and experiences by using LNG
As speakers have already announced:
- Dr. Thomas Delschen (President of the LANUV NRW)
- Georg Ehrmann (CEO of the Maritime LNG Plattform)
- Dr. Dietrich Gerstein (Deutscher Verband des Gas - und Wasserfaches e.V. - DVGW)
- National NL LNG Plattform
- Karl Grobbel (LIQVIS)
- Friedrich Lesche (IVECO Magirus AG)
- Duisburger Hafen AG
- Christian Schneider (LIQUIND 24/7 GmbH)
- Ingrid Klinge (Stichting Energy Valley)
- Antje Willnow (HGM Energy GmbH)
- Eric Mattheeuws (Mattheeuws Eric Transport NV)
LNG is nothing else as a natural gas converted to a liquid form at app. -160 °C, which only takes 1/600 of the volume of a gaseous natural gas. This feature makes on the one hand a cost reduction for energy transportation and saving possible as well as use of LNG by mobile and pipe-free consumers. Thereby delivery trucks, municipal vehicles, public transportation, heavy-duty vehicles, inland water vessels and industrial sites, off-grid and network-bounded electric generators and many others are the target group for using LNG.
Besides, LNG offers many advantages for climate and environment protection in comparison with conventional diesel fuel while appropriately used. Use of LNG means: no fine dust emissions, no SO2 emissions, 80-90% lower NOx-emissions and a CO2-advantage of app. 10-20%. towards conventional diesel fuel. Finally, addition of LNG regionally produced from bio-LNG from biogas can lead up to 80% reduction of CO2.
Not only these aspects make the use of LNG attractive. Mature market solutions provide an economic use of LNG in both transport sector and industry. Sustainability and energy supply autarchy are for many end consumers the decision criteria for changing to LNG.
31.05.2017, 10:00 - 17:30 Uhr
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Karl-Arnold-Platz 5, 40474 Düsseldorf (Germany)
Representatives of municipalities, public utility companies, universities 95,- € (incl. VAT); companies 230,- € (incl. VAT)
EnergieAgentur.NRW in Kooperation mit Gas- und Wärme-Institut Essen e.V.
Dipl.-Kfm. Christopher Olvis
Kompetenzzentrum Systemtransformation und Energieinfrastruktur
Netzwerk Kraftstoffe und Antrieb der Zukunft (KAdZ)
Telefon: 0209 1672812
Sie erreichen die EnergieAgentur.NRW außerdem werktags von 8 bis 18 Uhr über die Hotline unter 0211 - 8371930.
Beratung für Unternehmen vermittelt unser Klimaprofit Center NRW unter der Nummer 0211 - 8371914.